Can we connect 2 further city together ??

For example, I would like to connect City A with City C
    but the City B located in the middle between 2 city

Can I connect city A to City B and City B to City C.
    And the 3 city will be link ??

For example, I use city A to produce Power

And City A will sell power to City C

in this case, City C will be able to buy Power from City A ??

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    No, unfortunately that's not possible, only cities directly adjacent can make neighbor deals.
    Whatever you do, don't click this link!!

thank you

and thank God there is somebody still here

I am just a newbie, started playing this game last week

lots of questions running in my head. :'(

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you need any more help, just ask.

another question I can't find how to figure it out.

How can I force the people to use public transportation instead of using own car.

Please tell me step by step, I am looking for it for a while, but I still can't find it.

I have read some comment that I have to legislate. But how ??

Thank you in advance

There's a nifty way of doing that!

You go in the budget-bar. There you go to something called "Ordinances". However, you go in there and you see a number of options. Won't tell you more than that, you might as well want to read through all the options and pick the right ones!

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Just to clarify though, there is no way to "force" people to use public transport, it's more like encouraging them, by making car travel less desirable because of regulations. Stopping road traffic completely is impossible, but ordinances can improve traffic significantly.

ok, I saw it.

And now , the last question.
    How can we know that what job that the sim in THE HOUSE is working ?

because I see some Sim has no job and it will result in abaddon the building. I'm not sure where they work. I have built up commercial zone around but they still have no job.
    That zone is in the North of my town. And I have industrial city next to it.
    If they choose to work in the commercial city that located in the South of town. I don't know how to do because they choose to work in a very far location.

To check where your sim works, use the traffic/road query tool and see where does the person walk/drive from the house. It will lead to the workplace.

As for no job, chances are they are poor and their workplaces are too far, try placing bus stops near their homes, if that doesn't work, try to bring their workplaces closer to their homes.

Also, wealthier people prefer wealthier jobs. If you only have Low-wealth CS or Agriculture land, the wealthier people will move out due to low demand. Try providing higher commerical jobs to those of high wealth. Such as placing medium density commerical with bus stops and preferably parks and plazas nearby. As for long-term, improve health, education and crime in those areas.

Also just in case, remember not to place bus stops near wealthier areas. That is a loss of money for maintenance - Wealthier people travel by cars.

Thread Information