Creating Successful City In SimCity 4

Well, I start off good, I have good mayor rating, everyone has jobs, no problems whatsoever. Then I expand a little bit, and everything slowly goes downhill. Soon, residents will have no jobs. Their commutes will be long. Some houses will even be abandoned due to long commute. Sometimes commercial zones go abandoned due to low desirability. I build highways and avenues, but I think the problem stems from not having a good rail or subway system built. I usually stray away from those since I cannot create a successful transit system. Do you guys have any good tips on how to create a successful rail/subway system, and any tips I can use for keeping my city running smoothly? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    Welcome to this forum, Xanster!

Can you show us a snapshot of your city? This way we could have a better idea of the terrain you are building around in order to answer your railway question.

Keep in mind that the railroad isn't the only form of mass transportation, you can also use buses.

Another question: have you bought and then installed the Rush Hour expansion pack? With Rush Hour you get more mass transit options.

Have a good day.
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Harken
    Welcome to this forum, Xanster!

Can you show us a snapshot of your city? This way we could have a better idea of the terrain you are building around in order to answer your railway question.

Keep in mind that the railroad isn't the only form of mass transportation, you can also use buses.

Another question: have you bought and then installed the Rush Hour expansion pack? With Rush Hour you get more mass transit options.

Have a good day.

Thank you. Well, I can't supply an image cause I deleted the city! Lol. It was flat land, I mainly put a "cross" like avenue through the entire city, and built the city inbetween. I add buses and such and it still seems to be long commutes. Am I putting them in the wrong place or not correctly? By the way I am playing on Delux Edition. thank you!

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    Ah, the Deluxe Edition.

You know, about ten days ago I went out and bought that same program! ::

I feel like a little boy after an eventful trip to the candy store.

On topic with your city: I guess deleting the whole thing will count as solving the problem...heh, heh.

If you have any other problems concerning the game feel free to stop by here!

Have a good day.
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Thread Information