Middle and high wealth residents/businesses

Okay, now it's my turn to ask you good people a question.

I've been actively playing simcity 4 for a period now, after not playing it for half a year, so I've lost some of the touch, but I'm quickly getting back in again.

My question is how do I manage to get medium and high wealth sims in my city, but at the same time creating a place for them to work, as it seems that no matter what I do, there are no new businesses or industries coming in, despite there being loads of rich people. Is it because of education levels being low enough that businesses can't come, but rich people can?

Blog Entries
    High education levels are critical to getting middle and high wealth jobs/residents. Good jobs need a well educated work force. Also some of the city ordinances will help in this matter.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    High education levels are critical to getting middle and high wealth jobs/residents. Good jobs need a well educated work force. Also some of the city ordinances will help in this matter.
    I see. So, I need to place schools and possibly a small park in one neighborhood to enable poor people to educate themselves and then move in that area, or should I make a school in a more denser populated downtown area that is poor, but make parks in other more suburban areas for rich people to move in there?

Also, what do rich people prefer? Rich businesses, or high-tech industry?

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    I see. So, I need to place schools and possibly a small park in one neighborhood to enable poor people to educate themselves and then move in that area, or should I make a school in a more denser populated downtown area that is poor, but make parks in other more suburban areas for rich people to move in there?

Also, what do rich people prefer? Rich businesses, or high-tech industry?
    Parks and plazas are just always a good thing for a city, no matter where they are. Wealthy sims are not any more particular about zone density than lower wealth sims, it's just that their standards of living are higher, so getting the rich to move into a quiet un-congested suburb would probably be easier than getting them into downtown. Having parks nearby though, won't hurt

I do not know if there is a preference between high-tech industry and high wealth commerce or not, but I wouldn't imagine so. Whichever has better conditions in your city.
    Whatever you do, don't click this link!!

Hmmm. Maybe it's just me having parks in the dense zones that attract buildings that have way too many medium and rich sims in my city to cope with.

Either it's a problem involing education or health, or you need some specific building/zone/park layouts to solve it.

You know what, I think I'm gonna try it out now, just make a city, and build it up.

Possibly try it out with several cities, and do different things, just to see what happens. I have enough time now

Thread Information