Simcity 2000 on Windows 7?

As I mentioned in another topic, I bought a new laptop with windows 7 home premium (64 bit). I also recently bought a copy of the Simcity CD Collection for windows (not DOS or Mac).

It won't let the game install, however, giving me an error about the OS. My question is simple: Is there any way to get this to install? Possibly some program available that bypasses the OS issues?
    Evermore Forums
    It's my site. Our focus is on videogames in general,
    but you can talk about anything there. Put Lancet Jades as your referrer!

New Resident
    Hmm...something...

My suggestion is to download Sun VirtualBox (an OS emulator) from here and find a Windows 9x ISO. Then you can install and run Windows 9x within VirtualBox as if it were its own computer, complete with its own hard drive. Once you have the "computer" set up within VirtualBox, you can install SC2K there.

Given, I'm not sure how well it would work, but it's all I can think of at this moment.

That's weird. I managed to install it and it runs just fine. Maybe you need to download and install the latest update form Microsoft?

Quote Originally Posted by Builder
    That's weird. I managed to install it and it runs just fine. Maybe you need to download and install the latest update form Microsoft?
    You're sure you installed the Windows version (from the CD collection, or whatever the pack that includes the expansions and SCURK)? And was it to a 64-bit copy of Windows 7, not 32-bit?
    Evermore Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lancet Jades
    You're sure you installed the Windows version (from the CD collection, or whatever the pack that includes the expansions and SCURK)? And was it to a 64-bit copy of Windows 7, not 32-bit?
    Dude, I even got a pirated version of Win7 and it works perfectly. And yeah, it's 64

Quote Originally Posted by Builder
    Dude, I even got a pirated version of Win7 and it works perfectly. And yeah, it's 64
    I downloaded all the updates and tried again, still no luck. If it matters, I specifically have the "CD Collection" for windows version of SC2000. I know there's a similar one by a different name (includes the same stuff), so I dunno if that affects it.

On a similar note, SimIsle also won't install for the same reason. Same for Command & Conquer, and Red Alert 1.
    Evermore Forums

Oh ****. I thought you was talking about SC4...

Nevermind!

New Resident
    Seriously...try VirtualBox.

If I run SC2K, it's without SCURK and it's in DOSBox, but I run it.

I used to have it with SCURK, but that CD disappeared years ago...

Virtualbox with Xp should support enough graphics acceleration to make it run.

Sim Games and Windows 7

It has been awhile since anyone has posted about this so I will bring it up agaim. I am an avid Sim Gamer but when I got my New Laptop with Windows 7 an d I tried to Install Sim Tower, Sim Copter and Sim City 2000 I cannot install them and gert an error message about an incorrect operating system. Has a solution been found?

Thanks to all

DBWeimer
    Rochester, NY

Thread Information