Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Simcity V

Thumbs up Simcity V

It's finally coming to us!!

Well, nobody is 100 % sure, but it's most likely that that's what EA is announcing on the 6th of March now. Also, here's a link to a thread about this subject: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35585202

The rumors have gone off everywhere, I've seen the same thing on simtropolis as well. A friend of mine and I are already discussing how we're going to build our cities in the multiplayer of Simcity V and maybe make a big journal out of it!

Yep!
    It really looks awesome.
    But, I'm somewhat worried about the idea that they're going to reboot it.

How come? They're basically forgetting all about Societies, and focusing on the first four installments!

Blog Entries
    Builder, need you really ask that question?
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

What do you mean, Ken?

Blog Entries
    Builder, I misread your last reply. I read it as "how come they're basically forgetting about SimCity Societies?" Notice the punctuation difference. In other words, I took your comment as a sarcastic comment about how badly SimCity Societies (which I've never played) sucked.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Blog Entries
    Oh man, I just realized Builder now has more posts than I do.

Oh my, hahaha! The sarcastic twist might even have been better! :P No, I did wonder why he was worried. I mean, I've played Societies a number of times, and it generally didn't feel like a good city-simulator.

Hah, I have. All my helping out, even though I've been largely busy since Autumn have ended up with me having lots of posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by Builder
    How come? They're basically forgetting all about Societies, and focusing on the first four installments!
    Not so many count Societies as an actual SimCity anyways...
    The thing I'm worried about, they're going to completely rewrite it = could end up completely different.
    Especially through the multiplayer if they F it up.

Ah well, but did they say they would rewrite it completely? I remember they saying they'd make a new game (a new game doesn't mean just an upgrade of the old, you know) but they'd build upon the principles that made the first four so good.

I know, there's still room for error here, but they got people that made the first four games on the team. I think the chances are good. I hope.

EDIT: Oh my God, Builder has found a proof supporting his saying:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._simcity_amaa/

Read on downwards, their first reply I saw from Maxis was from the chief architect, and he said: "[Andrew] I think the reaction to SimCity Societies made it pretty clear that something was missing, and we're looking to bring back that 'secret sauce' in the new SimCity. Where we can though, we're definitely interested in getting those kinds of vignettes in there to bring life to the city. We started down that path on SimCity 4 with our automata system, and we're making further strides within the current game."
    Last edited by Builder; 03-10-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Thread Information