RCI 3 bars in 2k?

Ok so i know what it is, it's residential, commercial and industrial, but what does it mean? like if i have the green bar going up out the top and the other 2 going down the bottom... is that a good thing or bad thing? do i add more commercial and industrial or do i add more residential?

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    The bars going up indicate a positive demand for that zone type, which means you should zone more of that. Bars going down indicate negative demand, which means you will likely start seeing buildings of that type going abandoned, and you should focus on restoring demand, either by building other zone types or making the city more appealing for that zone type.
    Whatever you do, don't click this link!!

Ok, but i've had it were the Blue bar is at the top and still like all of my commercial buildings are abandoned...

also, how do i make the city more appealing to the Commercial and industrial? i know parks and stuff are for residential. thanks for the help so far by the way!

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Parks help the city as a whole, not just residential. There are many other ways to make the city more attractive too, such as adequate infrastructure (roads, rail, water, etc), building your rewards, keeping crime low and fire coverage good, and also a low tax rate. One of the more important things is keeping a good education and healthcare system, so your sims will be smart and live long (so they can work better ). Basically just making an all around good city should yield demand for new people and businesses.
    Whatever you do, don't click this link!!

Thread Information