Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Resident

Wink the best way to make money...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and found it by googling and basically asking for the best advice to make money and create land value(which I am pretty good at), without having to rely on the cheat code. Any answers?
    Last edited by joieduvivre; 06-20-2005 at 01:33 AM.

Okay, land value is easy. High land value comes about from lots of good education/health systems (these help a lot) and good fire/police protection. Don't forget low air pollution, and reduce traffic (except in commercial areas). Also plant lots of trees and parks everywhere.

As for making money make sure you have plenty of zones, raise taxes slightly every now and then (raise taxes the same in all cities in a region, so they have no where else to go). And theres another way, but its really really complicated, not to mention it takes some money...
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

New Resident
    Yeah, I'm into finding out about the complicated way to make money...I love the game and have been playing simcity since it's black and white version on the mac ions ago. I can do complicated. Thanks.

Okay well heres a way to make money, if you download a certain lot then as soon as you place it, it will give you thirteen million...but thats a cheat.

So onto the non-cheating way of making money. The complicated way that I talked about earlier is this:

You start a city with lots and lots of industrial with minimum residential and commercial. Let all of the industry grow and continue zoning for awhile, but make sure to leave about 1/4 of the map for later (i would say wait at least 20 years before this next step, probably longer). So then once you are making lots of cash off of the industry, start converting the city over to a residential/commercial city (that means just make some new zones of residential and commercial in the 1/4 you saved earlier). Raise the industrial tax to around 18% (the highest it will go), and then you should start making tons and tons of cash if you did this right. Then as the industrial zones start to empty, fill them up with residential and commercial (but never let the industry completly go away). Heres a picture of what I'm talking about after about 46 years into the city.

Just so you know, this is an extremely hard task to even take a shot at. It took me a long time and a lot of help to master it. By the way, this was not my idea, it was done by someone else, and then I modified it a little. Good luck trying it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

New Resident
    Thanks, I will definetly give it a shot and keep you posted as to my results!

Remember to Breathe

Ill keep that in mind (the breathing thing). Just don't be surprised if you dont get it the first time, its one of those things thats hard to explain and the only way of getting it right is by experience. If you have any questions, just ask away...
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

Another cheat...
    There are two parks on simcity4.ea.com
    You put them in your city, and for every one you have it gives you $4billion per month. :P

One thing I forgot to add (sorry) is that all surrounding towns should have a good residential and commercial base, but no idustry, I repeat the surrounding towns should have NO industry. And remember the town you are trying to do this with should have a very small residential commercial base, and about 80% of the map should be industrial. If the demand for industrial falls, go back to the neighboring cities and zone more residential and commerical.

What I said above is very important the strategy. That way when you increase taxes to 17/18% the demand still stays high (because people from other towns work there) so none of the industry moves out. If you have any questions post them here...
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

awesomeadvisor, when the industrial zones go away, will you keep getting the taxes from them?

No, as you get rid of the industry, you get less money. Just remember to rezone industry zones gradually until you have a fair amount. And be warned that when you do finally start getting rid of industrial zones that demand will drop, and you might have to lower taxes so that industry doesn't completly move out. Again it is a very hard task to master. Does that answer your question?
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

Thread Information