Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Earn a chance to win a $25 gift certificate simply by participating

NOTICE: This contest has ended

Turning a forum like this into a community requires members who participate in the forum. As such, I'm going to be offering incentives to help build this forum.

The first giveaway is going to be a $25 gift card from your choice of any major retailer as long as they have a store here in Portland Maine (e.g. BestBuy, Target, Circuit City, Barnes & Noble, Border Books, etc.). The one exception is Walmart; I wouldn't set foot inside a Walmart if my life depended on it. Well maybe I'd make an exception if my life depended on it, but you get the point.

Here's the deal. Everyone who posts at least five posts (can't be spam) between now and March 30, 2005 will be entered into a drawing that I will conduct on March 31, 2005. I will announce the winner in this forum and send them a private message letting them know they won and asking them whom they would like the gift card to be from. I will then go out and buy the gift card and mail it to the mailing address they provide.

The second giveaway is going to be another $25 gift card like the first giveaway, except this one will be for signing up new members. Everyone who signs up at least two new members who then post five posts (as above) between now and March 30, 2005 will be entered into this drawing. This referral can either be by using your referral link (e.g. http://www.simcityforum.com/index.php?referrerid={your ID} where {your ID} is your member id), or making sure the new member enters your username in the referrer field when signing up. To get your referral link, see this FAQ: http://www.simcityforum.com/faq.php?...l&titlesonly=1

NOTICE: THIS FORUM MAY NOT BE PROMOTED VIA BULK OR UNSOLICITED EMAIL

NOTE: As long as there is someone who meets the eligibility requirements specified above, each of the above prizes will be given away. If only one person qualifies for one of the giveaways, they will have some pretty good odds of winning (e.g. 100% chance). A snap shot of how many posts each member had made when the giveaway was announced was recorded so that existing members could also have the potential to participate in these drawings. These giveaways are open to all members except for those directly related to Ken.

Join SimCity Forum Today!
    Last edited by Ken; 03-31-2005 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Contest expired

Blog Entries
    From a basic scanning of posts, it appears that the following people are eligible to be entered into the $25 gift card drawing for simply making five posts between Feb 13, 2005 and March 30, 2005:

dynamitecid99, Kommandant Felix, Laggy, Lancet Jades, miquinones, Paul

Thus far, the only member who qualifies for the drawing for those who get two people to join that each make five posts is Lancet Jades.

There are just over twenty days left to qualify for these drawings. It doesn't take much to qualify to be entered into either of these two drawings, and right now the odds for either drawing are pretty good, so I encourage everyone to try and qualify for these drawings before the deadline expires.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

Blog Entries
    Time is running out to qualify to be entered into these drawings. If you haven't made enough posts to qualify for first drawing, make sure participate in some threads. Also, if you have some friends who play SimCity, get them to sign up and post so that you can earn a chance for the second drawing as well. Right now, it appears that Lancet Jades is the only one who will qualify for the second drawing, which gives him pretty good chance to win (like 100%) unless some others get a couple of friends to join and make five posts. How often do you get a chance to enter a drawing with such good odds?
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Blog Entries
    Well March 31st has arrived. I will be posting the winners of my two drawings this evening (Eastern Time GMT -5) once I have figured out who qualified to be entered into the drawing and draw names.

Blog Entries
    Okay, the winners of these two drawings have been determined.

For posting, the following members qualified for the drawing.

dynamitecid99 12
    insectrepublic 5
    Ken 96
    Kommandant Felix 11
    Laggy 6
    Lancet Jades 51
    miquinones 38
    Paul 8
    Stormtrooper9 9

The winner was: Kommandant Felix

Kommandant Felix and Lancet Jades qualified for the drawing for recruiting new members.

The winner was: Lancet Jades

Stay tuned for my next drawing announcement.

Ah...now these were the good old days...

Thanks again Ken for being such a great Mayor of these forums!
    Ruins of Chaos - Massively Multiplayer Game
    http://ruinsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=ieec

The Galactic Senate- For People who enjoy Star Wars
    http://www.galacticsenate.com/index.php?referrerid=2632

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    I thought only I dug up the "oldies" around here.

Big grin!
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Wow, Ken, can you make a new competition like this? That would be interesting

Blog Entries
    Maybe one month when I'm a little richer.

I'm afraid that since this site doesn't generate any revenue (not enough traffic), my wife would kill me if I did it now.

Sorry guys...it looks like you're just a day late and a dollar short.

Or...should I say a couple of years late and 25 dollars short?
    Ruins of Chaos - Massively Multiplayer Game
    http://ruinsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=ieec

The Galactic Senate- For People who enjoy Star Wars
    http://www.galacticsenate.com/index.php?referrerid=2632

Thread Information