New Resident

Lightbulb Official Sim City 2000 City Thread

Post and view Sim City 2000 Cities in this thread, also feel free to post tile sets, and other sc2k related things here, althou the main porpouse of this thread is to post and view sim city 2000 cities...

ill start this thread off...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    I have a question. I was too young to get the computer version of SimCity 2000, how can I get it today?

I am a big fan of 3000 Unlimited, and I do own 4 Deluxe, but I'd like to play the Original and 2000.

The problem is finding them.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Harken. The only way I can think of, is to download it via Torrents.

If you don't know how, download the application Utorrent. Afterwards, go to a website like Mininova or Thepiratebay. Look up Simcity 2000, and download the torrent file. It will automatically start downloading in Utorrent. Once it finishes, go to your Downloads folder and look for the file. Open it up, and it will either have an .iso file, or the game already installed.

If it was an .iso file, Download the program Daemontools. Once it finishes, open it up and it's icon will appear in the bottom right of your toolbar. Click it, and select 'mount image'. Then, when prompted to select a file, go to the Simcity 2000 file you just downloaded. Select the .iso file and it will run like you just put in the CD, and start to install.

Other than that, you could go to Ebay.

I have a question too. I cannot find the tutorial anywhere on the disc when I first installed it. I really want to know how to play the game.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai Hulud
    Harken. The only way I can think of, is to download it via Torrents.

If you don't know how, download the application Utorrent. Afterwards, go to a website like Mininova or Thepiratebay. Look up Simcity 2000, and download the torrent file. It will automatically start downloading in Utorrent. Once it finishes, go to your Downloads folder and look for the file. Open it up, and it will either have an .iso file, or the game already installed.

If it was an .iso file, Download the program Daemontools. Once it finishes, open it up and it's icon will appear in the bottom right of your toolbar. Click it, and select 'mount image'. Then, when prompted to select a file, go to the Simcity 2000 file you just downloaded. Select the .iso file and it will run like you just put in the CD, and start to install.

Other than that, you could go to Ebay.
    Actually, you can download DOSBox and search xtcabandonware for the game.

That's how I found it

You could also go on a site like Amazon.com or eBay.com and buy a copy (make sure to get the right version and stuff!). I did that, but I also just upgraded to a comp with Windows 7 (my current one was from early 2004 or so) and it won't run on that, but there's probably stuff I can download to get it to run.

I re-bought the CD collection with SCURK and some expansions all in one, it also came with the box and manuals and stuff. But I'm a collector and have wanted a "complete" copy of SC2000, given how awesome a game it is.
    Evermore Forums
    It's my site. Our focus is on videogames in general,
    but you can talk about anything there. Put Lancet Jades as your referrer!

many many years ago, in a universe far far... oops, wrong script

Actually, something like 15-17 years ago, back in the early 90s, I bought SC2k and SCURK for win3.1 - amazingly, still have the boxes and discs would you believe?! But, the floppy drive on my PC petulantly refuses to read disks now (probably all the dust from lack of use of that drive, lol), so I can only second what rctmonger1108 said - get yourself over to xtcabandonware. There's a version that doesn't need dosbox if you still use XP, the RAR file's called "sc2000.rar", and it's 10.074 mb in size. Even comes with SCURK built in

Thread Information