View Poll Results: Did you feel my answer to your question was satisfying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • No

0 0%
  • Can't decide/both yes and no

2 22.22%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancet Jades
    Thanks! I'll check them out when I have time!
    No problem ^^

Oooh, I like this thread. OK, first question...

If ANY mod is installed, does it have to be installed by anyone I share my city with, or only CERTAIN mods?

For instance, I know the NAM and RHW mods would need to be installed to view a city that was created using these mods, but are there mods strictly for digging holes or creating slopes that do not add new tilesets to the game? I am going to be doing a lot of terraforming, but I don't want anyone who downloads my city to also see "you must also download THIS mod and THIS mod and/or THAT mod for this city to work".

Thanks!

(I'll post this separately, so it can be quoted easier.)

Also, are subway stations supposed to be placed ON the subway line, or NEXT to the subway line? Or does it matter? I have tried it both ways, and don't see much difference in ridership...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTatuo
    If ANY mod is installed, does it have to be installed by anyone I share my city with, or only CERTAIN mods?

For instance, I know the NAM and RHW mods would need to be installed to view a city that was created using these mods, but are there mods strictly for digging holes or creating slopes that do not add new tilesets to the game? I am going to be doing a lot of terraforming, but I don't want anyone who downloads my city to also see "you must also download THIS mod and THIS mod and/or THAT mod for this city to work".
    All mods that add special lots (e.g. RHW), which are used in a city must be installed. Mods that change the behavior of the city like NAM also should be installed all the city could start to have problems. Other types of mods probably don't have to be installed, BUT it is only fair to tell others what mods you are using.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

Quote Originally Posted by MyTatuo
    (I'll post this separately, so it can be quoted easier.)

Also, are subway stations supposed to be placed ON the subway line, or NEXT to the subway line? Or does it matter? I have tried it both ways, and don't see much difference in ridership...
    Nah, there's no difference, because if it's right next to the line, the line will automatically make a path (or three -.-) to the subway station.

I've got a question

When you rezone land from residential to commercial and you destroy some houses, should your RCI meter go up with residential demand or do I lose some population??
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Defacto
    I've got a question

When you rezone land from residential to commercial and you destroy some houses, should your RCI meter go up with residential demand or do I lose some population??
    Jamie
    Okay. Well, the demand in residential demand should rise, but know that if it's quite a bit under 0, it might not shoot straight over 0 so new buildings come about elsewhere. At the same time you do lose some sims in your town as the buildings do get destroyed in the process of rezoning.

Hello, new to the game and don't know if questions are still being answered here.. but I downloaded the game from Steam, and am unable to change the "target" directory to -w, and start the game in windowed mode. For some reason my videocard tends to flicker when I have games in full screen, but don't when I have them windowed.. is there any way to run a Steam download in a window for this game? I know manually installed games allow to change the target, but not games from steam. : /

I did something like that a long time ago, but it was only about the game going right past the intro of the game, and not window-mode. I'm sure you can find the code and all, and instructions on how to implement it on this site.

Dunno what your graphic-problems could be, but if having the game windowed solves the problem for now, then go for it! I also have to disappoint you because I don't use Steam and really haven't been into any games lately :P

hit a wall around 1 million people, no demand for anything at all

I am not using any mods, any cheats, any deviations at all whatsoever from the normal game.

My city has been doing great zooming up in population as many of the largest stage 8 4x4s were popping up everywhere in my residential areas, and even a few in my commercial areas (such as Ong Condos and Pedriana Pharmaceuticals). A larger and larger portion of my population was medium or high wealth. My education, health, mayor rating, etc are all nearly as high as possible. My city has every civic function available in game. I am not having job issues, everyone is employed and I don't have any no job icons showing up. I have subways, bus stops, and train stations supporting most of the city. I have not touched the taxes other than putting dirty industry at 20, so they all remain at 9%. I have many surrounding cities that have large volumes of high tech (and a tad of manufacturing) and CS jobs placed for job sources. When my city starts to near 1 million population, my demand just looks like this:
    http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/z...=LowDemand.png

I have had this happen with many large cities I have created, always around 900,000-1,000,000 people, but have always given up on them. I really like this city, but I just can not figure out what is wrong. It is the only city in the region with a large population, with a couple others scattered around with only 100,000 or less people living in them. Could this possibly be the problem why I am experiencing no demand for anything other than CS$ and Manufacturing industry? Its such a beautiful city, and I really like the way I laid it out terrainwise, but with no demand I can not expand at all.

Have you experienced this issue and do you know how to remedy it?

Thread Information