View Poll Results: Did you feel my answer to your question was satisfying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • No

0 0%
  • Can't decide/both yes and no

2 22.22%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Resident
    Could you explain how you're getting your cities to 20,000 people?

Farms,low resedntial, lo comerce at the very start.
    When the city gets to 5500, i place medium density residential and industry.
    after 13000, i place high density residential and industry with medium density commerce. After using this rule, the population stalls at 19500-20000.
    http://thesonicnation.wordpress.com

99% of teens would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are the 1% who wouldn't care, copy and paste this into your signature.

Resident
    What I would do is build low density residential then surround it with streets (in the middle of the map, then surround it with agriculture until I get about a million dollars (not people), then I would start adding schools and police stations and hospitals and start placing industry and medium density residential.

Okay...............excapt farms barely generate revenue...

99% of teens would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are the 1% who wouldn't care, copy and paste this into your signature.

Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by koreankid11
    Okay...............excapt farms barely generate revenue...
    If you fill a whole flat large map with them, the taxes will be rakin' in

Rewards

So I am building a pretty good city on one of the smaller tiles and need to zone some more land, but I'm out of space. My question is does the graveyard reward really do anything for the city/surrounding area? It's a decent size structure that is on prime commercial real estate, just don't want to delete it if it's actually helping the area. Thanks in Advance and if you want to list any rewards that "just aren't worth it" that would be appreciated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBiggz
    So I am building a pretty good city on one of the smaller tiles and need to zone some more land, but I'm out of space. My question is does the graveyard reward really do anything for the city/surrounding area? It's a decent size structure that is on prime commercial real estate, just don't want to delete it if it's actually helping the area. Thanks in Advance and if you want to list any rewards that "just aren't worth it" that would be appreciated as well.
    Well, I've noticed that pretty much all the positive rewards do their part in improving the desirability of the surrounding area, like parks for example.

I suppose that some rewards go better with commercial areas, others with residential areas.

If you don't want to have the reward in your city, despite it being presented to you, then don't build it. Simple as that. Also, you can always go to your region, create a new city and expand upon the old part with new parts. That way you will alleviate pressure from demand, and your city will be able to continue to grow!

OK, I'm back in this topic.
    Now that I have a city that has finally surpassed 550,000 Sims, how can I keep pollution, traffic, and unhappy Sims down to almost nothing?

Do I need to allow more green spaces in my low class areas, where most of the traffic and pollution are?

Green spaces in good locations do help the situation, but collective traffic is the best option. Buses, rail, and metro if you have the surplus money. What I think is a good idea, is to try to create a city where the sims are just out of the way of the biggest traffic arteries. I like to fill the immediate surroundings of avenues with commercial zones. They thrive because lots of people travel that road, and sims will live just beyond that noise and air pollution.

Also, congrats on making a bigger city!

OK, basically everything you're telling me isn't helping. I don't own the Deluxe Edition... its amazing that my entire city hasn't deteriorated into one heap of smoldering rubble. But commute time is so bad, it averages 75-200. None of my high-wealth residential building stay high-wealth for more than a month. My subway system is inefficient, and so is the railway.

Should I try to get my hands on the Rush Hour expansion pack, and then rezone the entire city, so the buildings are on side streets, and put monorails on the main streets so the traffic either has to be backed up or take the monorail?

BTW, my city has 580,000 Sims

Thread Information