View Poll Results: Did you feel my answer to your question was satisfying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • No

0 0%
  • Can't decide/both yes and no

2 22.22%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    It's quite possible that you having the oldest version possible of the SC4 game makes it hard to do anything grand. Considering all the bugs and glitches in the game, it's a wonder anyone actually wants to play it anymore...

However, by getting Rush Hour, and modding the hell out of the game, you could make it quite stable.

Also, could you please pull up a map of your city? Just take a snapshot of it in-game. Then go out to the simcity-folder on your computer, look for Albums or something like that. When you find it, go on photobucket or whatever it's called and upload the photo.

Alright, I'll try and do that.
    I deleted my city and restarted it, its losing an average of 700 simoleans, the Transportation Dept. fares don't exactly stay stable.

The city is slowly deteriorating, I'm adding an expansive highway system and railway system, I;m planning on making little alcoves, connected by highway, bus, and train. I might add a subway system once the city hits 350,000 Sims
    http://thesonicnation.wordpress.com

99% of teens would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are the 1% who wouldn't care, copy and paste this into your signature.

You try and do that, please! I can't imagine your city, honestly. After you're done, just link it in your post.

I'll try.
    I'm away on vacation, so I won't be able to work on it for awhile.
    It has increased to 250,000 Sims and lose 3,000 Simoleans.

99% of teens would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are the 1% who wouldn't care, copy and paste this into your signature.

Alright, have fun during vacation!

I destroyed my city once again, (I'm off vacation) and now I have divided my city-tile into 6 parts by highway. The two middle sections are for Commercial zones, the top two (and the bigger sections) are for Residential zones, and the smaller two sections are for Industry zones. My idea is to isolate everyone, so they will have to use the highway in order to get to the other sections. The only connections will be railway wherever it goes, and a whole bunch of highway connections.

---Update---
    Ok, I added a residential section, commercial section, and Industrial section. I am losing 20,000 Simoleans a month, I built all the schools, hospitals, and stations I could to cover the sections. I placed bus stops every two blocks, and put them where they wouldn't interfere with the zoning. The city has 57,000 Sims, and the city isn't going as well as planned, as the commercial zones aren't building. Tomorrow I will work on the rest of the region and maybe get some demand up in the main-city tile.
    Last edited by koreankid11; 08-23-2012 at 09:46 AM.

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    I hope that idea is just a "for fun" thing, and not an actual attempt at making a big successful city The idea of forcing people to take a certain route from the start will only work if it's a natural route to take (a.k.a. the quickest/straightest), and if you've got enough demand to grow the city in the perfect form. Otherwise, things won't build where you think they will, and the traffic pattern won't be as expected, making large portions of your very expensive transport network basically useless, which will stunt the city's growth. You'd be better off building a "regular" city first, watching how it develops, then plan the transportation network around that. As the city grows, even in the early stages, it should become obvious where network upgrades are going to be needed.

Also, build lots of neighbor cities; it's a lot of extra work, but it will make your main city much easier to grow.
    Whatever you do, don't click this link!!

It is sort of a mixture of both. I added some road connections between the Residential and the Commercial sections, and expanded the rail network through the commercial and residential zones.

I have an issue: if I try to open a certain city, the game crashes. I have never downloaded any plugins, and running in administrator mode and lowering graphic quality in the game doesn't help. What shall I do?

It could have been something you placed in the city tile that makes it CTD whenever you try to open that tile, but as you say you haven't downloaded anything. I'm not very pro at the technical issues with the game. It's rather old, and it can be that there just is a glitch for some reason. I've never encountered it except one time when I placed ports, deleted the plugins and tried to open that city tile. It CTD'd every time.

Thread Information