View Poll Results: Did you feel my answer to your question was satisfying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • No

0 0%
  • Can't decide/both yes and no

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thumbs up The Simcity 4 Q&A thread

Ok, so I have decided to make this thread to answer all of your questions. I bet I will be able to answer most if not all questions. Because I don't play Simcity 4 anymore, I decided to rather start helping others out insterad of just giving it all up. I am a moderator here, so why not, and I have about 4 years of Simcity 4 gaming, if not more. I can't recall the exact time I've been playing this game, but that's not the point.

I will also make a poll. Those people who find it satisfying with my answers or not will be able to vote.

I'm here to answer your questions, and I will try to satisfy anyone.

Oh, and one last thing. When you do ask questions please Space it out and make it visible because I just might miss it, and that would lead to grumpy members which would lead to WW3 and the worlds end.

Ok, maybe not

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    Interesting thought, but isn't that what this sub-forum is here for?
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Hi Builder, I am fairly new to Sim City but extremely addicted (I forget to go to bed at night). Yesterday I installed NAM. I have laid out a network of tram-on-road and tram-on-avenue but my zones don't recognize them. I get heaps of 'no road connection' symbols. Am I doing something wrong or does SC4 not really recognize NAM pieces?

Hello gayleau, this is Harken.

Please don't be upset about the delay in being answered by Builder, I am sure he didn't expect to have someone ask him a question so quickly (because this forum really does not see much traffic).

I am pretty sure you will receive an answer within this week, please be patient.

As for me: I am sorry; I do not know the answer to the question you have asked. I have never used the NAM mod.

Have a good day. ::

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

Well, I have been very busy lately, so I haven't checked this thread until now.
    Hi Builder, I am fairly new to Sim City but extremely addicted (I forget to go to bed at night). Yesterday I installed NAM. I have laid out a network of tram-on-road and tram-on-avenue but my zones don't recognize them. I get heaps of 'no road connection' symbols. Am I doing something wrong or does SC4 not really recognize NAM pieces?
    Simcity 4 does include light rail on avenues and roads, you just didn't make stations. Stations doesn't come with NAM which is a shame, but you can easily download light rail stations at simtropolis.com, or SC4Devotion.com. Both sites are very good.

If you meant that the buildings themselves have no car sign above them , then I can't help because it's either a bug, assuming you have the latest NAM. I had the next latest version, and there it worked like a charm, even though I usually never had light rail in my cities.

I think that you should specify your question a bit more. I think that will help.

Off topic: OMG I'm double posting! I guess I'll just have to delete this post right after I've posted it

On topic: I've decided to make this thread into one in which members can ask quick questions as to not make so many threads. I just don't have anything to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Builder
    ...I just don't have anything to do here...
    We'll have to fix that up right quick and in a hurry.

Let's call Ken over here!

Hurr hurr, maybe he can change things around here!

To be honest, Builder: I am very happy with the way things are.

I have been to those excessively busy forums before. They do not have that "peaceful" feel to them as this one does here.

Wanting more people and responsibilities isn't wrong, but let's start being happy with what we already have.

Along this note, if you were to load yourself up with things to do around here what would you do if you got older and found yourself a job...and got yourself a family?

Coming from Ken's point of view: the busier this forum is, the better chance it has in paying off its costs.

Ken hasn't dropped this forum due to its low traffic and he is willing to deal with the costs; this isn't equitable, but it sure does make me happy! ::

I know you are eager to use your position as moderator here to help other members in this forum, and I see that you are a bit frustrated that there really aren't that many people to interact with at this point in time...but patience padawan.

Your time will come.

Have a good day.

Ehh, I think that I should be the one that should be saying padawan around here.

I also don't want this thread to turn into a small-talk thread. I don't care if people don't post here. I just like the quietness around here.

Thread Information