Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How to get rich people to you city?

well, basically my city has everything a good city needs.. Good education, Good health for sims.. there are a lot o plazas all over the city. I don't have problems with traffic and there is no pollution at all. And, all I can get is $$ residencial buildings. Any one knows how to increase the desirability for $$$ residencial buildings??:confused:

thanx

Do you have police or fire stations or both? You have to have at least three of the civic service buildings in an area to attract high wealth citizens and you also have to have high wealth business or high tech industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Builder
    Do you have police or fire stations or both? You have to have at least three of the civic service buildings in an area to attract high wealth citizens and you also have to have high wealth business or high tech industry.

Hmm. But, I gotta have 3 police and fire stations next to each other, in the same area? Because I have 3 big police and fire stations plus 2 smalls ones around the city. well, I don't have high wealth business to much, but I thought that this would come with the high wealth residentials zones. and, yes, my city is pure high tech. At the beginning I had some manufact and dirty industry, but when I got a good education, I destroyed all dirt and manufacturing industry. Now, is 100% high tech.

Ok. You might wanna check out how much money you use on the different stations. There might also be a lack of good roads and mass transport. I know rich sims don't like mass transportation, but I was thinking of subways and monorail. How much density do you have?

hmm. Well, actually I don't have nothing to improve transportation....only roads and thas all..at least there's no red . I mean, in traffic density map, all roads are green. I didn't try putting subway and monorail because it never works...that transport assistant always says that its useless and than, I have to destroy it... oh, by the way, just you to know, I'm playing sim city 4 only, its not deluxe or rush hour...ok, what do you advice for me xD?

Oh right, well if you don't play Rush Hour I can't help you much.

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Builder
    Oh right, well if you don't play Rush Hour I can't help you much.
    Oops!

I haven't actually played SimCity 4 for more than about seven hours yet, so this question may seem a bit off, but: wouldn't attempts to raise local land value contribute to the probability of getting $$$ residential buildings? :confused:
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

hmm, probably yes.. That is what I was thinking before: raise land value. But, even so.. I still without $$$ buildings...maybe I am missing something little..I don't know...

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    Can you upload into this thread a few snapshots of your city and the areas you'd like to make $$$?
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Harken
    Can you upload into this thread a few snapshots of your city and the areas you'd like to make $$$?
    well, that it is.. I know it looks awful, but that's the point. In the first pic you have a notion of everything. the second one you see my taxes and my budget. third the desirability. fourth my education and the last one you see my city's health. hmm, something I still miss is the transport system maybe. I don't have rails, subways..only busses. I tried putting some subways but it didn't work, so , now I can't grow with this city.. I have 2 more citys connected with this one and they look in the almost same situation. I'm really stuck..hope you can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	974 
Size:	316.4 KB 
ID:	232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled3.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	344.7 KB 
ID:	234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled4.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	322.3 KB 
ID:	235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled5.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	315.7 KB 
ID:	236  

Thread Information