Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Will Wright, creator of Sims, leaving EA Games

Big news folks, Will Wright, the creator of the Sims, Simcity, Spore and other Sims related games is leaving EA Games to pursue other interests.

http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2009/...ays-bye-to-ea/
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    Well, good for him. I hope he enjoys the change.

Unfortunately for us, we will be stuck with "city-builders" resembling SimCity Societies!

Darn. :mad:
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Sillycakes, haven't you ever heard of http://www.citiesxl.com/Index.php ?

The city-building era is far from over, and everything looks promising for the future!

Will Wright just wanted fresh air. I can really understand that because every city building game that came out after SimCity 4 was a big phailure. I wrote in one of the threads of the Cities XL website that I would be glad if MC just decided to hire him, but EA has probably made a contract that denies him the right of going to another video gaming company that isn't owned by EA.

I hate EA... :mad:

I Play: SC3KU/SC4DE/SCCDS Harken's Avatar
    I meant city building from Maxis. I'm afraid this may be the end of my following for the company, since I think it doesn't take the talent Wright has to make those dry MySims games.

If you haven't noticed, I really don't care for those Sims games...only city building.

I guess Cities XL will have to do.
    Hello, My Name is Peter; Member Number 2469.

Most Sims agree: crossing the red wire with the green one is an act of desperation.

:eek:

Well I'm not a fan of The Sims either, because I've always found city builder to be more exciting. I can care for my own family later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Big news folks, Will Wright, the creator of the Sims, Simcity, Spore and other Sims related games is leaving EA Games to pursue other interests.

http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2009/...ays-bye-to-ea/

A shame if you ask me that he leaves. I mean, WIll Wright is one of the greatest producers of video games of all time. I hope he comes back someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    A shame if you ask me that he leaves. I mean, WIll Wright is one of the greatest producers of video games of all time. I hope he comes back someday.
    Doubt so. I mean, he left his colleagues for a reason... and I believe it was because he felt unhappy. He also didn't seem to be able to do what he wanted to do.

No, I guess that is the truth. I think it is gonna be a long time before we see a good city building simulation like Sim City, if ever that is.

Maybe he'll get sick of watching all the failures and decide to make a new city-building game :P

Blog Entries
    As I have said before, I wish we would get a new version of SimCity based on SimCity 4, that resolved many of the bugs and short comings of SC4 and could start with regions built in SC4. With that said, a lot of issues in SC4 can be resolved and SC4 can be significantly enhanced via plugins and Simtropolis has a great collection of plugins at http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/

While some of the plugins are really just cheats that take the balance out of game play, many of the plugins actually go to great lengths to improve the realism of SimCity. I've been trying out a lot of plugins lately and will in the near future start a thread on my favorites.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

Thread Information