Full screen, but not...

This issue may have been covered previously, but I've looked for some time now...

I have had SC4 since it came out, and just put it on every new computer I buy. I just bought an HP laptop running Windows 7 64-bit.

The game runs, and I'm assuming will play fine (with Rush Hour installed as well), I just really dislike that it isn't fullscreen. Well, it IS, but the gameplay screen is centered, and there's a black 2-inch bar on either side of the screen (like letterbox, but on the sides). The mouse in-game won't even pan into these black areas.

Is there a possible fix for this, or should I just deal with it being even smaller? I've tried running it in a window with the '-w' extension in the shortcut to no avail. And I'm a dummy when it comes to changing the resolution, but tried doing so in the in-game setting, but that didn't help either....

Thanks for anything!!!!

Blog Entries
    Have you tried the various screen resolution settings listed here: http://simcityforum.com/showthread.php?t=848

What is your computer's screen resolution?
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

according to whatismyscreenresolution.com, it is 1366x768.
    lol

Blog Entries
    That seems like an odd resolution to me. Right mouse click on your desktop and select properties to go into your display settings and then select the "settings" tab. This tab will tell you what your resoultion is.

Your problem is that SimCity doesn't normally handle wide screen aspect rations. To support your resolution, you need to use a custom command line in your SimCity shortcut. For instance, you might try:
    "C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -Intro:off -CustomResolution:enabled -r1366x768x32

This assumes that the shortcut path is where SimCity is installed on your computer.

Again, the thread I posted above has the purpose of each of the parameters.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

yep, even after checking Display Settings, that is in fact the resolution...
    I tried that extension to the shortcut, and it didn't change anything either.

I guess I'll keep toying with it!

Blog Entries
    It's odd that the short cut I provided didn't work. Try adding a -w to the command as well. I use the command line above with a -w added when I want to play SimCity on my 40" LCD TV, which is hooked up to my laptop as a second monitor. The only difference is I'm using a resolution of 1450x1024. Can you set your monitor to 1450x1024 and then use those values in place of 1366x768 and see what happens?

Thread Information