Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Resident
    Ken, as a phpBB3 MODder, I speak from experience, and that it is very easy to make redirects from like showthread to viewtopic, so that old backlinks won't get hurt.

Blog Entries
    The redirect issue is good to hear about, but I'd still have a huge amount of work ahead of me if I tried to switch platforms. We'd also lose several features like the Journals section if I migrated as that is provided by a vB mod.

I could probably recover much of the functionality and design a new skin (the current skin would be lost), but it would require a tremendous commitment of time to complete the transition. It would be far cheaper, when you consider the time cost, to simply upgrade vB.

I also use vB on a private forum I run so keeping both sites on the same platform eases administration as configuration and management is the same between both sites.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

Resident
    Ken, but most of these things wouldn't be hard to replicate as phpBB3 MODs, but it really is up to you. At least I hope we either at least upgrade or convert.

EDIT: Also the errors aren't fully suppressed in the Journals
    Last edited by Comkid; 10-05-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Thread Information