Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SimCity 5 - Five Must Have Features

SimCity 5 is yet to be announced but that shouldn't stop us from speculating on what we'd like to see--and what we wouldn't like to see--in the game.

-- ADMIN NOTE --

Per the notice posted when you joined, new users are not allowed to post links of any kind, as such the link you posted has been removed. You may not post links until your user title changes from "New Resident" to "Resident" (currently your title is "Just Joined").

Resident
    I'd love for them to go back to SimCity 4 rather than build upon SimCity Societies Also probably bigger regions, and more buildings and land types like deserts (sand or even ice ).

I'd like to see an upgraded fire fighting despacth function - maybe a button to set to auto-respond when there's a fire, providing one has sufficient fire stations.

New Resident
    A better query tool which would include "next" and "previous" buttons for jumping from one item to another (i.e. power plant, school,etc). It'd make monitoring the status and simoleons levels easier, especially in a large city. Possibly, this could be added to the Data Views interface.

There should be a God mode for a whole region so that we can create the landscapes we want! I am surprised they dint think of it yet.. or am I missing something?

Resident
    Region god mode would be pretty but not necessary though

If there is no God mode for a region, I feel like there is no use for a God mode to change landscapes, because whatever you do on a particular city, you have to reconcile edges which will change the land profile from what we get.

I would like to see new disaster features, expanded income sources (like new taxation on- cigarette, liquor, transportation, sales tax, federal tax, etc), same graphics-no 3D, maybe flying cars as cities grow to be over 200/300 years old, better energy sources, and random disasters.

The only thing I don't want to see changed is the graphics. Please keep the same graphics! I was a loyal fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and when they changed it to 3D, I returned the game because of the graphics. The same is with Sid Meier's Civ 4- when the 5th version came out, I was disgusted by the graphics and how watered down the game was. Sadly, Target would not let me return the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7
    I would like to see new disaster features, expanded income sources (like new taxation on- cigarette, liquor, transportation, sales tax, federal tax, etc), same graphics-no 3D, maybe flying cars as cities grow to be over 200/300 years old, better energy sources, and random disasters.

The only thing I don't want to see changed is the graphics. Please keep the same graphics! I was a loyal fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and when they changed it to 3D, I returned the game because of the graphics. The same is with Sid Meier's Civ 4- when the 5th version came out, I was disgusted by the graphics and how watered down the game was. Sadly, Target would not let me return the game.
    I wouldn't mind better graphics, however I don't like the graphics they use for the new city-simulator games that are, or have, been coming out the past few years. The terrain looks stunning - as well as the water, but the buildings look to glittery. I get that a brand new structure will look shiny and new for the most part, but they don't seem to age in appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post

I think tax of the cigarette need to increase enough that people think twice before buy a cigarette. I just hate smokers and the smell of cigarette. It smell is just wired.

Thread Information