Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    At least 26,000 Sims are required to get skyscrapers, but there are lots of other criteria as well.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

I have like 200,000 on a medium map, everything is dense, no industry

well mines 410,000+ on a large map

Mine is 1,030,000 people with 450,000 commercial jobs and 0 industrial jobs on a medium map.

without using any cheats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot012.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	181  

mines is 285 000, but its only my 5th success ful city and I ionly started it like a week ago...

Blog Entries
    My largest city is 300,000 but around 1/4 of the space is dedicated to industry. Maybe I'll have to get rid of some industry.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Blog Entries
    I've started to try Kvakk's lead above in regards to eliminating a good portion of the industry in my largest city, and while I have only eliminated about 1/5 of the industry in my city so far, it is starting to show results. The population of my largest city is starting to raise again after having peaked out at 300,000. I probably won't eliminate all of my industry from my largest city, but I will eliminate a fair amount of it. I will also try this tactic on my smallest cities, which seemed to have stopped growing in population. Really, the number of jobs provided by industry seems to be unrealistically low.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I've started to try Kvakk's lead above in regards to eliminating a good portion of the industry in my largest city, and while I have only eliminated about 1/5 of the industry in my city so far, it is starting to show results. The population of my largest city is starting to raise again after having peaked out at 300,000. I probably won't eliminate all of my industry from my largest city, but I will eliminate a fair amount of it. I will also try this tactic on my smallest cities, which seemed to have stopped growing in population. Really, the number of jobs provided by industry seems to be unrealistically low.
    Thats accually what I noticed... my residential population is usually 2 times higher than my jobs, and my sims all seem to have jobs which makes no sence. :confused:

Blog Entries
    Actually your population should be at least twice as high as the number of jobs because children, retired folks and some spouses will not have or need jobs. In real life the jobs to population base would be similar.

Talking Tourist Land!

My largest city is in a depression and I can't and don't feel like playing it... so I started a new city! I've found that tourism exists, and that it has a quite a bit of an effect on your population (freindlyness I mean, making it more desirable to others!), and commercial services and a tiny effect on your mayor rating (notice the tiny part!). My city is stylish, and is growing FAST! I have a huge demand for services! My city pop is about 30.5k, but by the the end of the day it will be 50k!!!!

Thread Information