Hello everyone, the post below was originally posted on another SimCity forum, but so far we have not come to any conclusions. Any ideas are appreciated.
----------
I've got my little region running smoothly, every zone is operating according to plan, and every zone is making money. But a problem has developed....I can only seem to get my educated sims to demand IHT, while CO $$ and $$$ demand remain negative in every zone. More details below:

My game is fully patched and running the current version of NAM
Region: Fairview
Pop: about 450k
Land Usage: about 50%
I've tried moving CO jobs closer to residents, no change.
In CO certain zones, I also have the Stock Exchange and Convention Center awards among others, still negative demand.
All areas show high desirability for CO
CO taxes are 9% (every tax rate in the region is either 9 or 20 percent based on what I want to be there)

On the surface, it would seem that I should just continue to "build out", making more and more industrial zones to satisfy this demand. My problem with it though is that IHT is not a very dense industry in terms of jobs (maybe 100-200 tops per building, while CO can offer thousands of jobs per building), eventually, I'll end up in the same position, with my land maxed out and still a demand for IHT. Is there a way to "convert" all this IHT to CO demand? I was under the impression that the requirements for sims to demand these job types was "education". So if they are demanding IHT, would they not also demand CO (either $$ or $$$)?

Any ideas?