Blog Entries

Community Discussion Groups Have Been Disabled

So there is this functionality in vBulletin that allowed users to create their own discussion groups. Unfortunately, spammers discovered it on these forums and I did not. As a result posts to groups were not being moderated and spammers were flooding them with their crap. I have now disabled and deleted all groups and their posts.

Damn spammers anyways.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

City Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, if the spammers hadn't taken it over I probably never would have known that feature even existed! I don't think it would have provided much benefit anyway, so cutting it off is a good move.

On a semi-related note, I notice the 'ForumBot' hasn't posted anything in about 2 months, has that been disabled as well, or is there just nothing happening with SimCity these days?
    Whatever you do, don't click this link!!

I haven't checked in on this forum for a couple of weeks. I have returned to simcity 4 though, so yay nerdyness!

Blog Entries
    I turned off ForumBot because it got annoying. If I could have kept its posts out of the "what's new" timelines and its posts were only mentioned in that one forum I would have left it running. As it was, however, ForumBot was burying everyone else's posts.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

I wasn't a big fan of ForumBot for that very reason. I definitely approve of your decision to turn it off.

Yup. It's all spammers and hackers in the forums these days. It seems that the longer a forum is up and running, the more those types of "undesirables" seem to frequent it.
    The Galactic Senate- For People who enjoy Star Wars
    http://www.galacticsenate.com/index.php?referrerid=2632

Thread Information