Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Level of city

Blog Entries
    If you are playing SC4, you can look for areas of road congestion and then use the hover query (the lower question mark button) and click on surrounding buildings to get an idea where people are traveling to and from. Using this information, you can better layout your subway network to meet the needs of your Sims.

With that said, Sims are just like American's they don't like mass transit systems and would prefer to sit stuck in traffic instead of get there quickly on a subway.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

Thats excatly what my sims do, and then they complain to me about it, geez the nerve of those people
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

How about trains? How do I use them for purposes other than industrial? I always can't get them to use the trains although I did place train stations at busy intersections... :confused:

Try placing parking garages next to the stations. Maybe they arn't using the stations because you already have another great mass transit program, or the trains don't go where the people want them to.
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

Parking garages? So that's what they're for...

Any tips on good placement of train tracks?

Place freight train tracks next to industrial roads and 2-4 freight train stations. If you have a seaport near an industrial zone, don't use trains because they won't be used. I don't use trains for residential areas, because Sims prefer roads.

Unhappy Help

Can Anyone Help Me Give Tips, How To Make My Resident And Other Zones To Grow.

anyone help me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas
    Can Anyone Help Me Give Tips, How To Make My Resident And Other Zones To Grow.
    I assume you are playing SimCity 4 If so, use the maps to see how traffic patterns are. If there are points of traffic congestion try to rework traffic patterns to improve traffic flow. Using the lower of the two question mark buttons you can click on various buildings to see how traffic flows to and from buildings if you see really bizzar traffic patterns, then you need to look at your road layout. Also make sure you have plenty of connections to other cities.

After you are sure people can efficently get back and forth in your city you need to make sure you have a good balance of commercial, residential and industrial zoning all zones should be dense zoning. Dense zoning doesn't mean that the area will get big buildings, it just means that it can get big buildings if conditions are right. Make sure that your zones are reasonably spread out such that Sims don't have long commutes.

Next use your maps to see that you have sufficent coverage for police, fire, hospitals and education. If an area has low education or low health, make sure that the schools and/or hospitals have enough funding.

Finally review your tax strategy. You need high taxes on low value residential (say 10%-11%), high taxes on dirty industry (say 14%) and high taxes on low value commercial (10%). On medium value property you need moderate taxes (9.5%). On high tech you want really low taxes (7.5%) and low taxes on high value property (8.5%).

If the city has been running for a long time and already has lots of dirty industry and polution problems, you might be able to turn it around, but it will require lots of work and the bulldozing of dirty industry. High tech industry will not move into areas with air pollution.

There are a lot more tricks, but these are some important things.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

ooo thx for wat tips u gave me but err u onlnie till when

Thread Information