Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Level of city

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tutone
    I've been having the same problem others have had with my subway system. Sims just don't seem to want to ride them. I placed the stations in highly congested areas, but it doesn't seem to matter. I think I may have overbuilt. I tried building an entire system at once, but I noticed when I started building and had fewer stations, Sims were riding at some of them.
    It actually doesn't take a lot of subway stations to be successful. What it takes is subway stations placed where people want to go. Use the query hover (the lower question mark button) on congested streets to figure out where people are coming and going to. Once you figure this out, place subway stations near these spots and you should see traffic conditions improve. Also enact the commuter shuttle ordinance, which will basically give people shuttle rides to subway stations.
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

I hit my first 85K city today.
    I downloaded a bunch of crap fom Simcity.com-a couple of parks that give me money, because I'm that much of a loser-and a desirability-enhancing park.
    I lowered the takes to about 4% in residential and commercial.
    I bought a couple of solar energy plants.
    And I killed the industrial.
    It was going good for a while, but now I'm down to 82K and it's not going up. D:

First of all, congrats on that. Second, do you still have industrial jobs in another city? Because that might be whats slowing you down, or else not enough zoned commercial/residential areas.
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

New Resident
    Yeah, the best way to increase your residents and land value at the same time is to add lots of museums, libraries and other cultural places. Also a really great way to jump start your commercial is by adding a movie studio and radio station and increasing the taxes really high on manufacturing and dirty industry, but lowering high tech industry.

My main city has 410,000 Sims, with a couple of high-tech industries, a freeway down the middle, many residential skyscrapers, some beaches along a river, and about 10 commercial skyscrapers. Luckily, my budget loses only about 500-3000 simoleans a month.
    The rest of my region consists of 12 cities, which make up about 80,000 Sims, bringing the grand total to 510,000 Sims.
    http://thesonicnation.wordpress.com

99% of teens would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are the 1% who wouldn't care, copy and paste this into your signature.

Only losing a little money? Kid, let me see a chart of your economic graphs and I can help you with what you might be bleeding out money. The reason is that I always go with a few tens of thousands in surplus cash each month when I get my city at that stage.

I know my economics!
    The Sims demanded hospitals, but luckily I have built enough now.
    I make about 45,000 Simoleans, and lose about 45,500 Simoleans. My transit budget is what keeps the income varied.

-Update on region-

I have built 5 more cities, and the region has grown to 530,000 Sims.
    My biggest city [which is called Dramor] has about 430,000 Sims.

-NOTE-
    Dramor is Gerach for "by the river".
    Gerach is a made-up language I "invented"

99% of teens would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are the 1% who wouldn't care, copy and paste this into your signature.

Could you post a pic of your region? Because usually, pretty much all my cities in the region have major surpluses.

I have no idea how to upload them... but I will figure it out.

You go to attachments, and then upload the file. If that doesn't work, just post a link to imageshack or something of your city!

Thread Information