Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Stealing Sims"

Retired Resident

"Stealing Sims"

Ken mentioned something about being able to steal sims from neighboring towns. How exactly is that done?

Also, I noticed that Geyser Park says that it attracts people to your town but I can't get anyone to visit it. Why is that?

Well if the geyser park is near any low land value area, or and polluted area, people usually wont visit..and about the stealing sims, I think he ment making your city better than neighbors so they move into yours and leave your neighbors...
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

Blog Entries
    Yes, my reference was making your city better than neighboring cities so that people will want to move to it. I think this can work better with SC4 than with SC3K
    Ken Barbalace - Mayor of SimCity Forum
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space
    My Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse collections

Wow, you live in Portland Maine, is it really cold up there? I've never been to Maine, but my mom used to live up there.
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeadvisor787
    Wow, you live in Portland Maine, is it really cold up there? I've never been to Maine, but my mom used to live up there.
    It depends upon your definition of cold. I find winters to be reasonable here, but then again, I used to live in Fairbanks Alaska, which gets really cold in the winter.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Alaska! That sounds awesome... I've never been higher that Massachusettes, and that was for only a couple of days...
    Sim City 4 rox my sox!

Yeah, in SC4, all you need to do to steal Sims are to reduce your tax rates to a level that is lower than all your other surrounding cities. People will flock to your city in no time.

About the Geyser Park, I am not too sure as I am hearing this for the first time.

...that's what I'm doing wrong. I have R$ at 7.0, R$$ at 8.0 and R$$$ at 9.0 because I don't /want/ rich people, they stop me from getting tall buildings. :P

Blog Entries
    Ironically, this could be your problem. If your taxes are too low and are slanted against the rich, you will have a very hard time balancing your budgets and generating growth. Here's the problem. Low wealth breeds crime and encourages low wealth dirty industry. Dirty industry creates polution that reduces the desirablity of your city. It is a very bad downward spiral. If you have a slightly regressive tax structure (lower percentages for higher wealth) and a really good education system, health system and police department. You'll keep crime down and improve the education levels of your population along with their health. If you keep high taxes on dirty industry and then bulldoze your dirty factories, you will be able improve your city's image and slowly attract high tech industry. Unfortuanatly, you can't drive dirty industry away by simply increasing their taxes, you need to demolish their factories. Likewise you can't attract high tech by simply lowering their taxes. You have to get rid of your polution and have a highly educated population.

And we have to steal these wealthy Sims from elsewhere too? Or do they just materialize out of nothing?

Thread Information